This is the time to do the work. This is my year of #GetShitDone.
Entrepreneur life doesn’t always go as planned, and there are times where I really spread myself waaaay too thin. The funny thing is, I don’t actually recognize when I’m sinking until I’m already deep in shit. True story.
I’m learning to delegate. I’m learning to ask for help. Really, I am! I swear! I’m learning to take the time and FOCUS on what I’m good at – the things I really love doing! – and paying others to do the work that I may not love, not enjoy, not be good at, or simply don’t have time for.
I still struggle with doing one thing at a time – even writing this blog post I interrupted myself by checking my email, making a call, posting to instagram, and grabbing some water… But I’m learning and trying to focus and to use my time wisely – really sit and do the work.
Here’s the bullet point list on how to get your work done as an entrepreneur:
- Hire an assistant.
- Use a timer.
- Use a timing app.
- Make a list.
- Prioritize that list.
- Check your email every x minutes. (30 mins works well for me!)
- Turn off notifications on your phone.
- Turn the sound off on your phone (check it every 30 mins)
- Schedule your time.
- Schedules change – re-schedule your day.
- Organize your clients/emails/computer/dropbox/photos.
- Drink a lot of water.
- Drink *some* caffeine.
- Schedule breaks.
- Schedule lunch breaks.
- Stay off social media.
- Stay off Facebook. (yes, even if it’s your job)
- Go outside on a break. You need fresh air.
- Don’t allow set backs to get you down. Continue on through the storm.
Any other tips you can think of to help you focus and get the work done?