I know mornings are hectic in my house – yours too? Let’s just all agree that mornings can be crazy and it feels like we don’t have enough time to make a healthy, nutritious breakfast… but that doesn’t have to be the case!
I have been so hooked on starting each and every morning with a delicious breakfast and toast is one of my staples! I love to jazz it up with different toppings and get creative with it! Making time for breakfast every day is easy with this Honey, Yogurt & Avocado Toast recipe made with Dempster’s Honey Wheat bread!
This is the perfect breakfast for me! It combines my favourite ingredients like wild honey, greek yogurt, and avocado! It may sound like an odd combination, but it’s absolutely lovely together, especially with a sprinkling of flaked sea salt to bring it altogether!
Busy mornings are no excuse to forgo nutritious foods, and with Dempster’s Honey Wheat bread added to the mix, my kids and I love to make delicious toasts for brekkie!
- 1 slice Dempster’s Honey Wheat bread
- 2 tablespoons plain Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon honey, plus more for drizzling
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ medium avocado
- Flaky salt, such as Maldon, for sprinkling
- Toast the bread to desired level.
- While the bread is toasting, mix the yogurt, 1 teaspoon honey, and vanilla extract together.
- Spread the yogurt mixture on the bread.
- Cut the avocado into ¼-inch-thick slices and lay the slices, overlapping slightly, to completely cover the yogurt.
- Drizzle with more honey and sprinkle with the salt.
There you have it – sweet honey, creamy avocado and yogurt, and the perfect warmth and crunch from Dempster’s Honey Wheat bread makes for the perfect breakfast. What’s your favourite toast toppings?
Like this post? PIN for later!
Disclosure: This post was sponsored by Dempster’s. The opinions are completely my own based on my experience.