A few weeks ago, Jay & I escaped to Tofino for a little reprieve from our day to day lives – which are busy. Our trip consisted of 3 glorious days of beach, surf, beer, and delicious food. Regretfully, I dropped my camera the day before we left and had to send it in to get fixed, so all the pictures from the trip were taken by our iPhones….
We stayed at the beautiful Long Beach Lodge Resort in a suite that was right on the beach – it was glorious. The sound of the waves crashing lulled us to sleep and woke us gently in the morning. The resort is really nice – the staff, the room, and the food in The Great Room was all incredible made even better by the beautiful views.
I couldn’t believe how amazing the food was in Tofino. All the restaurants were absolutely amazing. Here are some of my favourites:
- Wolf in the Fog – we went here twice, once for brunch and for our last night dinner! Must haves include the Fois Gras & Chicken Liver Parfait, the Albacore Tuna Melt, and the Caesar cocktail. I loved the look of this place.
- Shelter – delicious cocktails, pizza, chicken wings, and ocean fare. The whole atmosphere was comfortable, casual, and super nice.
- Kuma – Japanese comfort food that had us in a food coma. The ‘Bear’ Tuna is a unique and delicious treat!
- The Pointe Restaurant at Wickaninnish Inn – I had the loveliest brunch at The Pointe Restaurant! We sat at a table right at the edge, had beautiful views and a delicious omelette with mimosas!
- Rhino Coffee House – Scrumptious donuts made with locally-brewed beer and coffee worthy of any java snob.
- Tofino Brewing Company – The local brewing company where you can stop in at their headquarters and have a flight or a pint of their delicious beers! One is made with bull kelp from local sea waters.
- Tacofino – The original spot that’s become famous in Vancouver for their tacos and burritos, have a few things not on the ‘city’ menu like Gringas or Liquadas!
- Jack’s Waterfront Pub – for some more ‘local’ fun, we stopped here for a couple of pints, delicious fish tacos, and took in some musical talent at their Open Mic night!
This was our first trip to Tofino and we tried to take in as much as we could in the limited amount of time we had! Our favourite part was SURFING! Surfing in November blew our minds, yet the wet suits kept us so warm in the Pacific Ocean!
We didn’t get up fully on a board, but it was incredible to be out there, feeling the force of the water and having a ton of fun just trying! I can’t wait to go back to Tofino, with the kids next time, and have another go at it!
Have you ever been to Tofino?