Spring is officially here! The sun is shining just a bit brighter and the air is getting warmer – spring is the perfect time to freshen up the house after a looong, grey winter! The pictures above are perfect inspiration for a minimal aesthetic in a beautiful home – do you know how to get a minimal design in your house? Constant cleaning.
I am forever tidying up, organizing, dusting, putting things away in their proper places, and purging as much as I can to maintain a minimal house. But if you saw my desk right now – you would laugh! Minimal? Hardly! (…but let’s move on..!)
Spring cleaning is just one of those unavoidable things, but I look forward to it. It seems like a daunting task to get through your list, but doing it a little at a time, with a team of handy helpers (if possible!), makes the job go quickly and might add some fun to it! For those extra tough jobs, I like to use OxiClean™ products to keep my house sparkling clean!
The Ultimate Spring Cleaning Checklist
- Make Doormats Welcoming – They’re the front line against tracking in dirt, so keep them clean enough to function efficiently. If they’re extremely soiled, soak them in warm water mixed with a scoop of OxiClean™ Versatile Stain Remover for six hours then wash as directed – even the toughest stains get washed away! Remember to always follow manufacturers care instructions.
- Organizing Closets – Organizing your closet is the first step to organizing the rest of your home. Donate unused clothes and accessories, and declutter!
- For the clothes that you do keep, ensure they are crisp for the new season ahead by laundering with OxiClean™ Liquid Laundry Detergent. It attacks dirt and tough stains left by Old Man Winter, and will leave them smelling spring fresh.
- Make your Dishes Shine – With the arrival of the new season comes the arrival of home dinner parties! Ensure your dish and glass wares are guest ready by using OxiClean™ Extreme Power Crystals™ Dishwasher Detergent Paks to tackle tough stains and stuck-on-foods. The best part? No more pre-washing or re-washing necessary so you’ll have time to relax after the party.
- Carpet Cleaning – Fabrics that have absorbed a winter’s worth of dirt will need a deep clean to get them ready for another year of wear. Shampooing your carpets is a good start, but for tougher stains, use OxiClean™ Versatile Stain Remover – simply mix a little bit of the stain remover with warm water as per the instructions on the label and blot with a clean towel until the stain disappears. Always rinse thoroughly with clean water.
- Patio Season – While it may still be cold, you can start thinking of the warmer weather and spruce up of your patio. Remove any large debris such as sticks, branches, and leaves by hand. Next use the sprayer setting on your garden hose to wash away as much of the winter dirt and grime as possible.
- Tackle stains left on outdoor furniture upholstery with OxiClean™ Versatile Stain Remover – it’s chlorine free and colour safe so you can use it on gutters and unfinished decks, too!
Do you have any spring cleaning tips or tricks? How do you make the job fun?